Academic Advising Appointments
Please call 815-753-1891 to make an appointment with your undergraduate advisor located in Wirtz Hall 227.
Not sure if this is the right advising office? See the program list below or give us a call at 815-753-1891.
It you have a quick advising question, email us at HHSAdvisingHelp@niu.edu or stop in during our walk-in hours.
Who do we serve?
Undergraduate academic advisors in the college office assist many CHHS majors and all minors. We also work with current students who are exploring majors and with prospective students looking to learn more about a program of interest.
We are the primary academic advisors for:
- Communicative Disorders: freshmen and sophomores
- Fashion Merchandising: freshman and sophomores
- Health Sciences/intended Nursing and Medical Lab Sciences: all students
- Health Sciences/Pre-Physical Therapy: all students
- Hospitality and Tourism Management: freshmen and sophomores
- Human Development and Family Sciences (CD, FID, FSS): freshmen – juniors
- Nursing: freshmen and sophomores
- Nutrition, Dietetics and Wellness: all Students
- Pre-Family & Consumer Sciences: All Students
- Public Health: freshmen and sophomores
- Rehabilitation and Disability Services: all students
- Undecided Health and Human Sciences: all students
- Minors in CHHS: all students
Students who are not primarily advised by CHHS advisors are:
- Communicative Disorders - juniors & seniors majors
- Fashion Merchandising - juniors & seniors
- Hospitality and Tourism Management - juniors & seniors
- Human Development and Family Sciences - seniors
- Medical Laboratory Science – all declared majors
- Nursing – declared juniors and seniors
- Public Health - juniors & seniors
For more information on advising for those not primarily advised by CHHS advisors, see Academic Program Advising.
College of Health and Human Sciences Advising
Wirtz Hall 227