Allison Gladfelter PhD, CCC-SLP
- COMD 221: Phonetics and Phonology
- COMD 305: Language Development
- COMD 603: Communication Disorders in Early Childhood
- AHCD 698: Timing, Coordination and Balance in ASD
- AHCD 698: Gesture Learning in Children with ASD
- COMD 772: Seminar in Language
- Ph.D., Purdue University, Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences
- M.S., Purdue University, Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences
- B.A., Augustana College, Communication Sciences and Disorders and Spanish
- Certification of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology, American Speech-Language Hearing Association
- Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule (ADOS) Clinical Certification
- State of Illinois, Speech-Language Pathology License
- State of Indiana, Speech-Language Pathology License
- Typical and atypical language acquisition
- Language learning mechanisms
- Autism spectrum disorder
- Developmental language disorder
- Motor and language interactions
- HUSKIES Lab
Mitchell-Cannone, A. and Gladfelter, A. (2020). The incorporation of hippotherapy as a treatment tool in speech-language therapy sessions for adolescents with communicative disorders. EBP Briefs, 14, 1 – 10.
Odeh, C., Gladfelter, A., Stoesser, C., and Roth, S. (2020). Comprehensive motor skills assessment in children with autism spectrum disorder yields global deficits. International Journal of Developmental Disabilities.
Odeh, C., Martell, R. Griffith, S., Johnson, E., and Gladfelter, A. (2020). Motor-based interventions improve language outcomes in children with autism: A systematic review. Clinical Archives of Communication Disorders, 5, 1-7.
Gladfelter A, and Barron K.L. (2020). How Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder, Developmental Language Disorder, and Typical Language Learn to Produce Global and Local Semantic Features. Brain Sciences,10, 231.
Gladfelter, A. and VanZuiden, C. (2020). The Influence of Language Context on Repetitive Speech Use in Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder. American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology, 29, 327-334.
Gladfelter, A., Barron, K.L., and Johnson, E. (2019) Visual and verbal semantic productions in children with ASD, DLD, and typical language. Journal of Communication Disorders, 82, 105921.
Gladfelter, A., Johnson, E., and Odeh, C. (2019). Parent Perceptions of Social Behaviors Associated with Autism Spectrum Disorder Are Related to Motor Skills. Communication Disorders Quarterly.
Gladfelter, A., and Goffman, L. (2017) Semantic Richness and Word Learning in Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder. Developmental Science.
Saletta, M., Gladfelter, A., Vuolo, J., and Goffman, L. (2015). Interaction of Motor and Language Factors in the Development of Speech Production. In R. H. Bahr and E.R. Silliman (Eds). Handbook of Communication Disorders. Routledge.
Gladfelter, A., and Leonard, L.B. (2013). Alternative tense and agreement morpheme measures for assessing grammatical deficits during the preschool period. Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research, 56, 542-552.
Gladfelter, A., and Goffman, L. (2013). The influence of prosodic stress patterns and semantic depth on novel word learning in typically developing children. Language Learning and Development, 9, 151-174.
Gladfelter, A., Wendt, O., and Subramanian, A. (2011). Evidence-based speech and language intervention strategies for the birth to three populations. Evidence-Based Practice Briefs, 5, 41-50.