Autism Caregiver Group
Welcome to the Northern Illinois University Autism Caregiver Group!
We are a group of professors with interests in supporting families to those with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Our focus is to provide helpful information, resources and a supportive environment while also providing families with opportunities to connect with community professionals and therapeutic or recreational activities.
To achieve this goal, we plan to offer activity-focused events. These events will be posted on our website, and we highly recommend registration in advance as they will likely sell-out. Our aim is to provide workshops to practice skills together with support/assistance of a trained team. At each event, we will provide developmentally appropriate child activities and refreshments for those who attend the session. We invite you to explore our website to find out more about our support group, who we are, and upcoming events and topics.
- Autism Speaks
- Autism Science Foundation
- Organization for Autism Research
- Going to College with Autism and Asperger's Guide
- Special Olympics of Illinois
- International Society for Autism Research
- Have Dreams
- By Your Side Autism Center
- Tuck Sleep Foundation
- Students with disabilities
- Affordable colleges for students with disabilities
- Careers for students with disabilities
- College for Students with Disabilities: A Guide for Students, Families, and Educators