Milijana Buac PhD, CCC-SLP
- COMD 423: Developmental Speech and Language Disorder
- COMD 607: Language Disorders in School-age Populations
- AHCD 610: Multicultural Aspects of Speech-Language Pathology
- Ph.D., University of Wisconsin-Madison, Communication Sciences and Disorders
- M.S., University of Wisconsin-Madison, Communicative Disorders
- B.A., Marquette University, Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology
- Certification of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology, American Speech-Language Hearing Association
- State of Illinois, Speech-Language Pathology License
- State of Wisconsin, Speech-Language Pathology License
- Typical and atypical bilingual language development with a focus on environmental factors
- The trajectory of cognitive development in bilingual children with and without developmental disabilities
- Evidence based, bias-free, assessment and intervention approaches for children from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
Buac, M., & Kaushanskaya, M. (2019). Predictors of theory of mind performance in bilingual and monolingual children. International Journal of Bilingualism.
Buac, M., Tauzin-Larché, A., Weisberg, E., & Kaushanskaya, M. (2018). Effects of speaker certainty on novel word learning in monolingual and bilingual children. Bilingualism: Language and Cognition, 1-13.
McDonald, M., Gross, M., Buac, M., Batko, M., & Kaushanskaya, M. (2017). Processing and comprehension of accented speech by monolingual and bilingual children. Language Learning and Development, 14(2), 113-129.
Buac, M., Gross, M., & Kaushanskaya, M. (2016). Predictors of processing-based task performance in bilingual and monolingual children. Journal of Communication Disorders, 62, 1229.
Buac, M., & Kaushanskaya, M. (2014). The relationship between linguistic and non-linguistic cognitive control skills in bilingual children from low socio-economic backgrounds. Frontiers in Psychology, 5 (article 1098), 1-12.
Buac, M., Gross, M., & Kaushanskaya, M. (2014). The role of home language environment in the development of monolingual and bilingual children’s vocabulary skills. Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research, 57, 1804-1816.
Gross, M., Buac, M., & Kaushanskaya, M. (2014). Conceptual scoring of receptive and expressive vocabulary measures in simultaneous and sequential bilingual children. American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology, 23(4), 574-586.
Kaushanskaya, M., Gross, M., & Buac, M. (2014). Effects of classroom bilingualism on task shifting, verbal memory, and word learning in children. Developmental Science, 4, 564-583.
Kaushanskaya, M., Gross, M., & Buac, M. (2013). Gender differences in child word learning. Learning and Individual Differences, 27, 82-89.