Nahal Salimi, Ph.D.
- REHB 662: Vocational Analysis and Job Placement
- REHB 660: Foundations of Vocational Rehabilitation
- REHB 682: Theories and Techniques of Counseling People with Disabilities
- REHB 628: Psychosocial Aspects of Disability
- REHB 200: Disability in Society
- REHB 492: Medical Aspects of Disability
- Ph.D., Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, Rehabilitation Counseling
- M.S. Clinical Psychology, Iran
- B.S. English Language and Literature, Iran
- Quality of life and mental health of individuals with disabilities
- Potential challenges of vocational assessment for racial and ethnic minorities
- Multicultural issues regarding attitudes towards individuals with disabilities
- Mental health of refugees and asylum seekers in the U.S.
- Salimi, N., Gere, B. O., Talley, W., and Iriogbe, B. (2021). College Students Mental Health Challenges: Concerns and Considerations in the COVID-19 pandemic, Journal of College Student Psychotherapy, 35(1), 1-14.
- Salimi, N. and Crimando, W. (2020) Multidimensional Attitudes towards Disability among International Students at a Midwestern University in the United States. Rehabilitation Counselors' and Educators' Journal, 9 (2), 52-63
- Gere, B., Salimi, N. and Anima-Karong, A. (2019). Social Media Use as Self-therapy or Alternative Mental Help-Seeking Behavior. The IAFOR Journal of Psychology and the Behavioral Sciences, 5 (2), 21-36.
- Anima-Korang, A., Gere, B. O., and Salimi, N. (2018) Stigma and discrimination: Coping strategies for persons living with HIV/AIDS in Rural America. Rehabilitation Counselors & Educators Journal, 4 (1), 33-45.
- Brown, S., Gere, B. O., Ethridge, K, Long, A., Berry, A., and Salimi, N. (2017). Reconceptualizing Vocational Assessment and Career Placement of Racial and Ethnic Minorities Using an Integrated Multicultural Model Approach. Journal of Forensic Vocational Analysis, 17 (1), 21-27.
- Salimi, N., Gere, B. O., and Crimando, W. (2016). Comparison of Mental Health and Quality of Life of Shift and non-shift Employees in Service Industries: A study of selected Iranian companies. The IAFOR Journal of Psychology and the Behavioral Sciences, 2 (3), 3-15.
- The impact of COVID-19 on transition assessment for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (ID/DD). Presented at the VECAP Virtual Conference by Nahal Salimi and Amanda McCarthy. (Oct. 16, 2020)
- Preventing Violence in Schools: Integrating a behavioral and emotional health system of care into schools; Presentation at the 23rd International Conference on Family Violence, Abuse & Trauma by Shafaie, S.M., Salimi, N. in San Diego, California. (Sept. 2018)
- Multidimensional Attitudes towards Disability among International Students in the United States. Poster presented at the NCRE/RSA/CSAVR Conference by Salimi, N., Gere, B. O. in, Arlington, VA. (Oct. 2017)
- Introduction of the Evaluation and Developmental Center, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale. Presented at the Illinois Rehabilitation Association Conference, Southern Chapter by Brunson, C., Salimi, N., and Caldwell, K. in Mount Vernon. IL (Nov. 2016)
- The comparison of mental health and quality of life among shift and non-shift jobs in “Mahan” and “Iran air” companies. Abstract presented at the 20th European Congress of Psychiatry by Salimi, N. in Prague, Czech Republic (March 3, 2012)