Cristan Sabio, Ph.D., M.S.N., R.N.
|Office Location:||Nursing 162|
- NURS 318: Adult Health Nursing II
- Ph.D., Capella University, Minneapolis, MN
- M.S.N., University of Phoenix, Phoenix, AZ
- BSN, Saint Louis University, Baguio City, Philippines
- Nursing Education (teaching strategies, student demographics and barriers to nursing education), Instrument Development (Social Sciences)
- Sabio, C. (In press). The use of the barriers to baccalaureate nursing education instrument among ADN students: Purpose, reliability, and validity. Journal of Nursing Measurement, 2019.
- Sabio, C. (2019). Associate Degree Nursing Students’ Perceived Barriers to Baccalaureate Nursing Education and Intentions to Enroll in a Baccalaureate-only Nursing Environment. Teaching and Learning in Nursing, 14(1). doi: 10.1016/j.teln.2018.08.004
- Sabio C, Petges N. (2018). A framework for educator storytelling: Situation, background, assessment, recommendation, review (SBARR) [Published ahead of print]. Nurse Educator. doi: 10.1097/NNE.0000000000000588
- Sabio, C. (2018). My whys: Why nursing, ICU nursing, and teaching. Student Nurses Association of Illinois 69th Annual Convention – Invited Speaker, Chicago, IL, October 13, 2018
- Storytelling as a Teaching Strategy: Leveraging Stories from Clinical Practice to Enhance Student Engagement and Learning – podium presentation delivered at the annual conference of the American Association for Men in Nursing (AAMN), Milwaukee, WI, October 4-6, 2018.
- How it is being Men in Nursing: Challenges in a Traditionally Female Occupation – podium presentation delivered to the Northern Prairie Alliance (the local chapter of the AAMN). April 11, 2018, Northern Illinois University (NIU), DeKalb, IL
- Combating "Lecturalgia": Maintaining Engagement and Learning Effectiveness through Experiential Teaching – poster presented at the Elsevier Nursing Education Conference on January 3-5, 2018, in Las Vegas Nevada.
- Nursing Education: The Male Perspective - podium presentation at the Conference for Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Educators through The Illinois Chapter of the American Psychiatric Nurses Association on November 3, 2017, Hoffman Estates, Illinois.
- ICU Nursing: What and How It Is - presentation delivered to the Student Nurses Organization (SNO), NIU. October 11, 2017, DeKalb, IL.