Arlene Keddie, Ph.D., M.S.P.H.
- PHHE 455: Public Health Epidemiology
- PHHE 613: Principles and Methods of Epidemiology
- Ph.D., University of Texas, Epidemiology, Minor: Behavioral Sciences
- M.S.P.H., University of Alabama - Birmingham, International Health, Minor: Demography
- Social epidemiology
- Health disparities
- Metabolic syndrome
- epidemiology of chronic conditions, particularly Type 2 Diabetes
Keddie, A.M., Associations between severe obesity and depression: results from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 2005-2006. Prev Chronic Dis 2011; 8(3). http://www.cdc.gov/pcd/issues/2011/may/10_0151.htm
Douglas, C., Keddie, A., Brooker, D., Surr, C. Cross-cultural comparison of the perceptions and experiences of Dementia Care Mapping (DCM) mappers in the U.S. and U.K., Journal of Aging and Health, 2010, Volume 22, Issue 5, Pages 567-588.
Keddie, A.M., Peek, M.K., Markides, K.S. Variation in the associations of education, occupation, income and assets with functional limitations in older Mexican Americans, Annals of Epidemiology, 2005, Volume 15, Issue 8, Pages 579-589.