DeAnna Harris-McKoy,Ph.D., LMFT-S
- HDFS 691 Assessment in Marriage and Family Therapy
- HDFS 639 Practicum: Family Therapy
- HDFS 633 Internship in Community Agencies: Marriage and Family Therapy
- Ph.D., The Florida State University, Marriage and Family Therapy
- M.F.T., Drexel University, Marriage and Family Therapy
- B.S., University of Maryland College Park, Psychology and Family Studies
Academic Research Interests
- Relationship between contextual factors, familial processes and youth outcomes
- Black mental health
- Social justice in the field of marriage and family therapy
- Jackson, L., Ford, J., Randolph, C., Schleiden, C., Harris-McKoy, D., and McWey, L. (2020). School climate as a link between high school black males’ math identity and outcomes. Education and Urban Society, 1-9
- Harris-McKoy, D., Washingston, Y. and Wilson, L. (2020, March/April). Contextualizing our work with families in varying levels of poverty. Family Therapy Magazine.
- Harris-McKoy, D., Gutierrez, D.*, Strachan, T.* and Winley, D.* (2017). Women of color in marriage and family therapy programs. Journal of Feminist Family Therapy, 29, 28-44.
- Harris-McKoy, D., Henry, R., and Strachan, T. (in press). Navigating client generated prejudice. AAMFT Ethics Textbook.
- Harris-McKoy, D. and McNeil Smith, S. (2020). Improving culturally-sensitive interventions for youth and parent-child relationships. In K. S. Wampler & L. McWey (Eds.), The handbook of systemic family therapy: Vol 2. Systemic family therapy with children and adolescents (pp.623-644). Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons.