- AHLS 336: Medical Diagnostic Microbiology
- AHLS 337: Medical Diagnostic Microbiology Lab
- AHLS 475: Medical Laboratory Sciences Competency
- Postdoctoral Associate, Michigan State University, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Ph.D., Chinese University of Hong Kong, Molecular Microbiology
- M.S., Shandong University, Microbiology
- B.S., Shandong University, Microbiology
- MLS(ASCP)CM Medical Laboratory Scientist
- MB(ASCP)CM Technologist in Molecular Biology
- Novel intervention strategies for mosquito-borne diseases
- Microbe-animal interactions
- Microbial pathogenesis
- Microbial strain improvement and novel products
Selected Publications (Total 64)
Y. Su, S. Chen, J. Shen, Z. Yi, S. Liu, S. Cai, N. Pan, K. Qiao, X. Chen, B. Chen, M. Xu, S. Yang, and Z. Liu. 2022. Screening and Mechanism-Analysis of Novel ACE-Inhibitory Peptides from Gracilariopsis lemaneiformis. Int J Mol Sci. 23(23):14850. doi: 10.3390/ijms232314850
X. Feng, Y. Yao, N. Xu, H. Jia, X. Li, J. Zhao, S. Chen and Q. Qu. 2021. Pretreatment affects profits from xylanase during enzymatic saccharification of corn stover through changing the interaction between lignin and xylanase protein. Front. Microbiol. DOI: 10.3389/fmicb.2021.754593.
Y. Su, S. Chen, S. Cai, S. Liu, N. Pan, J. Su, K. Qiao, M. Xu, B. Chen, S. YANG and Z. Liu. 2021. Purification, identification, and characterization of novel angiotensin-i-converting enzyme (ace) inhibitory peptides from Takifugu flavidus. 19, Mar. Drugs.
S. Chen, Yu T., Terrapon N., Henrissat B. and E. D. Walker. 2021. Genome features of Asaia sp. W12 isolated from the mosquito Anopheles stephensi reveal symbiotic traits. Genes 12(5),752.
K. Sato, M. Ikeda, Hatano, Y. Kondo, M Sato, K. Nagano, S. Chen, M. Naito, K. Nakayama and C. Sato. 2021. Biofilm spread by the adhesin-dependent gliding of Flavobacterium johnsoniae. Int. J. Mol. Sci., 22(4), 1894.
S. Chen, B. Johnson and E. D. Walker. 2020. Elizabethkingia anophelis: transcriptomic and functional analysis in response to iron stress. Front. Microbiol.
S. Chen, M. Soehnlen, J. Blom, N. Terrapon, B. Henrissat, and E. D. Walker. 2019. Comparative genomic and physiological analyses reveal diverse virulence factors and antimicrobial resistance mechanisms in clinical Elizabethkingia meningoseptica strains. PLoS One.