M. J. Blaschak, PhD
- AHPT 611: Foundations of Physical Therapy II
- AHPT 612: Foundations of Physical Therapy III
- AHPT 613: Foundations of Physical Therapy IV
- AHPT 614: Foundations of Physical Therapy V
- AHPT 615: Neurological Basis of Human Movement
- AHPT 618: Pharmacology for Physical Therapists
- AHPT 702: Physical Therapy Management of Complex Patients I
- Ph.D., Northwestern University, Biomedical Engineering 1986
- M.S., Purdue University, Electrical Engineering 1978
- B.S., Texas Woman's University, Physical Therapy 1976
- Certification in LSVT-BIG
- Physical Therapist, Illinois (070-003165)
- Assessment and interventions for individuals with balance dysfunction
- Use of the FMS in non-athletic populations
Selected Recent Publications and Presentations
Nale, L and Blaschak, MJ (2013). Case Study: Physical Therapy on a Patient with Friedreich’s Ataxia. 2013 NCUR Conference, LaCrosse, WI.
Blaschak, MJ, Leno, G, Manjarres, R, Ouellette, B, Wolber, M, and Bateni, H (2013). Effect of cardiovascular fatigue on postural steadiness of young adults. APTA CMS, San Diego, CA.
Sifft, M, Neuman, S, Chikani, H, Fahnstrom, B, Kranz, A, Shanahan, B, Blaschak, MJ, and Bateni, H (2013) Effects of cognitive performance improvements on postural steadiness. APTA CMS, Sand Diego, CA.
Bateni, H, Vaizasalya, A, and Blaschak, MJ. (2011). The effect of 80 dB environmental noise on control of posture in healthy young adults. Human Factors and Ergonomics in Manufacturing & Service Industries.
Bateni, H and Blaschak, MJ (2011). Effect of text messaging on control of posture and locomotion. IPTA, Galena, IL.
Bateni, H, Vaizasatya, A, and Blaschak, MJ (2010). Effect of intensive environmental noise on human postural control. Annual Meeting, American Society of Biomechanics, Providence, RI.