As a participant in the Child and Adult Care Food Program, we are required to provide children with a morning snack, lunch and an afternoon snack. Menus will be emailed out each month. We also provide infant formula and baby food. More information about meals can be found in our parent handbooks.
Our parent handbooks are an invaluable resource for our families. Parents are expected to familiarize themselves with handbook content.
There are many resources at NIU and in the community for parents and families.
- Ben Gordon Center
- Braden Counseling Center
- Childcare Assistance Program
- DeKalb County Health Department
- DeKalb County Youth Service Bureau
- Early Learning and Development Center
- Family Service Agency
- Illinois Action for Children
- Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services
- Northwestern Medicine Kishwaukee Hospital
- Safe Passage
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
- Voices for Illinois Children
- We Care Pregnancy Center
Looking for guidance? Consult our archive of parenting advice—including many articles written by center teachers and parents.
- Raising a Thankful Child
- Raising Infants and Toddlers Into People You Like to Be With
- Self Esteem
- Toddlers and Challenging Behavior
- Alternatives to Spanking
- Starting Child Care: It’s a Transition for Parents Too!
- Starting Kindergarten? Help Make It a Good Experience!
- Encouraging Words
- Say What You Mean! Talking Straight to Children
- Fuss Management: Comforting the Irritable Child
- Toilet Training
- No More Diapers: Getting Started
- No More Diapers: Is Your Child Ready?
- All About Potty Training
- Establishing a New Routine
- The Not So Terrible Twos
- Building a Routine and Sticking With It
- Developmentally Appropriate Practice: How Can We Recognize It in an Early Childhood Setting?
- Why Is Hand Washing So Important?
- Immunization Schedule
- Kids Health
- Dental Care for Your Child
Child Development and Family Center
Campus Child Care Center Building
DeKalb, IL 60115
Hours of Operation
8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Child Development and Family Center Annex
The Annex is currently closed.
Social Skills and Behavior