B.S. in Nursing
Our bachelor of science in nursing degree program provides our diverse student body with a solid academic foundation that includes theory, clinical experience and attention to personal growth. The program prepares you for a career as a nursing generalist – focused on being a provider and manager/coordinator of care.
As a nursing generalist, you’ll be qualified for direct and indirect patient care, which includes individuals, families, groups, communities and populations. Our program gives you the nursing knowledge, theory and research necessary to become a successful nurse.
Our program includes dedicated faculty who are committed to student success and a reputation in nursing education that sets our graduates apart from others. Graduates of the B.S. in the nursing degree program are eligible to sit for the NCLEX-RN.
- An NCLEX first-time pass rate that exceeds the state and national average
- A robust Student Success Program that helps students meet program demands
- Over $130,000 in student scholarships awarded to nursing students each year
- A dedicated advisor for undergraduate students
- A wide range of clinical experiences with over 230 regional healthcare partners
The application deadline for fall 2022 has passed. The application for the 2023-2024 school year will open in September 2022.
Before starting your online application, please review the instructions on completing.
- Current NIU student
- Freshman or transfer student
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing at Northern Illinois University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.