Our Dietetic Internship Program (DI) provides you the opportunity to develop skills in the areas of medical nutrition therapy, food service management, life-cycle nutrition and community nutrition with a concentration in Community Nutrition and Health Promotion. In our program, you will also work to earn a master of science degree in Nutrition and Dietetics.
Being located in northern Illinois, you’ll have the opportunity to learn from many excellent dietitians/preceptors that practice in diverse settings from the DeKalb and Rockford area to the surrounding suburbs as well as in the larger metropolitan area of Chicago.
- Designed for simultaneous completion of both the Dietetic Internship (DI) and M.S. degree in Nutrition and Dietetics
- Apply for a Graduate Assistantship (GA) which provides both a partial tuition waiver and monetary stipend.
- You'll work with approximately 12 community sites during the internship including medical clinics, school nutrition programs, wellness and health promotion sites, diabetes education and business sites throughout northern Illinois.
- Our Registration Exam for Registered Dietitians one year pass rate for the past five years is 100 percent.
- Highlights study in current issues. The Certificate of Graduate Study in Eating Disorders and Obesity is also available on a competitive basis.
The Dietetic Internship at Northern Illinois University is currently granted accreditation by the Accreditation Council for Education of Nutrition and Dietetics of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
120 South Riverside Plaza
Chicago, IL 60606-6995
- Dietetic Internship
- Nutrition and Dietetics
Contact UsDietetic Internship
Nancy Prange, M.S., R.D., L.D.N.
Dietetic Internship Director
DeKalb, IL 60115