- School of Interdisciplinary Health Professions
- Health Sciences
- Ph.D. in Health Sciences
Ph.D. in Health Sciences (Ph.D. HS)
The Doctor of Philosophy in Health Sciences emphasizes an inter-professional orientation to research and practice. It seeks to educate a wide range of individuals to teach, conduct research and practice in an ever more complex inter-professional world; it also seeks to respond to an increasing demand for faculty and practitioners who are prepared to function in fields grounded in information-driven, evidence-based practice.
- accommodate full-time and part-time students from a wide range of professional and education backgrounds
- link students with faculty based on a student's career and research interests
- use a hybrid model of online course delivery and strategic face-to-face (f2f) sessions
- make it possible for students to plan their graduate experience by providing an Admission-to-Graduation template.
NIU is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
The Higher Learning Commission
230 South LaSalle Street
Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1413
Phone: 800-621-7440 or 312-263-0456
Ph.D. in Health Sciences Cohorts
Interested? Request More Information
Meet Andrew Notebaert, Ph.D.
I enjoy the challenge of the interdisciplinary focus. I enjoy the idea of working with experts and students from various fields and backgrounds.
– Andrew Notebaert, director of the Ph.D. in Health Sciences program
Ph.D. in Health Sciences
Wirtz Hall 323