The field of public health works to deliver science-based solutions to society’s health and safety problems. It encompasses preventing disease, promoting health and protecting the health of individuals, communities and populations. This can include encouraging healthy behavior, creating policies and laws and setting health and safety standards to protect workers.
Our academic programs will give you outstanding preparation for a public health career. You'll benefit from:
- Our diverse student population.
- Expert faculty active in public health research.
- Opportunities to gain valuable real-world experience.
You'll be ready to excel in a variety of roles in government, education, nonprofits and private corporations. Learn more about fast-growing public health careers.
Mission, Vision and Values
Our mission is to:
- Train dedicated public health professionals.
- Engage in research.
- Serve the community to improve the public health of Illinois, the nation and the world.
Our vision: flourishing and equitable communities through public health.
Our core values are:
- Knowledge: We're dedicated to the discovery and dissemination of knowledge that will improve the health of all people.
- Equity: We're committed to health equity and social justice for all populations, prioritizing vulnerable communities.
- Integrity: We're dedicated to the highest standards of honesty, fairness and respect in learning, teaching, research and public service.
- Community: We seek to act as a catalyst for change, empowering diverse communities to be healthy and environmentally sustainable.