Admission Requirements for RN-B.S. in Nursing
To be considered for admission to the RN-B.S. nursing program, you must
- Be admitted to NIU as a regular degree-seeking student
- Meet one of the following criteria
- Have graduated from an Associate Degree or Diploma Nursing Program within the past five years or
- Practiced as a Registered Nurse within the past five years or
- Have satisfactorily completed an approved refresher course within the past five years
- Maintain a minimum cumulative 2.75 GPA
- Hold a current Illinois RN license*
- *Or pass NCLEX during your first semester at NIU
Send your application for admission, a photocopy of your current Illinois RN license and transcripts from all schools attended since high school to the Office of Admissions. RN students will be considered for admission to the School of Nursing as soon as they are admitted to NIU.
Read our admission information packet for more information.