This degree is in demand. Both the American Nurses Association and the American Association of Colleges of Nursing calls for advanced practice nurses to hold a DNP degree and by 2025, the National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculty has committed to moving all entry-level nurse practitioner education to the DNP.
As an NIU student, you'll benefit from the resources and connections provided by the Alumni Association and Career Services. You'll also benefit from our strong network of industry partnerships.
Our graduates excel in a variety of roles, such as:
- Nurse practitioner
- Nurse educator
- Vice president of patient services
- Vice president of nursing
- Clinical program director
- Health care system administrator
- Faculty member
We are currently accepting applications for the following programs:
- MS-Family Nurse Practitioner
- MS-Nurse Education
- Post-Master's Certificate in Nurse Education
- Post-Master's DNP
- DNP for Family Nurse Practitioner