Careers in Physical Therapy
There’s a reason U.S. News has listed physical therapist in their top 20 jobs. In this field, you’ll have the chance to make a difference in the quality of peoples’ lives, but there’s no limit to how or where you do it.
Where physical therapists work
- Acute care and rehabilitation hospitals
- Outpatient clinics
- Skilled nursing facilities
- Athletics facilities
What physical therapists do
- Help people with lower back pain return to daily activities.
- Prevent musculoskeletal problems in pregnant women.
- Work with Olympic athletes through injury prevention and treatment.
- Participate as team members in highly specialized areas such as burn units, transplant units and neonatal intensive care units.
- Help the elderly to live independently in their community.
Your options don’t end here, of course. Just like our diverse alumni, you too can find your unique place in the field of physical therapy. Check out our resources page for more information on careers in physical therapy.
Contact UsPhysical Therapy
340 Wirtz Hall, DeKalb, IL 60115
Looking for the NIU Physical Therapy Clinic?