Masih Shokrani Ph.D., MT(ASCP)
- AHLS 301: Immunology
- AHLS 311: Immunology Lab
- AHLS 448: Intro to Research in Medical Lab Sciences
- AHLS 344: Medical Diagnostic Biochemistry
- AHLS 345: Medical Diagnostic Biochemistry Lab
- AHLS 475: Medical Lab Sciences Competency
- AHLS 471: Medical Lab Sciences Lecture Series
- AHLS 470C: Topics in Medical Biochemistry
- AHLS 470D: Topics in Medical Serology/Immunology
- UHHS 460: Intro to Research in Health & Human Sciences
- Ph.D., Meharry Medical College, Microbiology/Immunology
- B.S., Tennessee State University, Medical Technology
- ASCP certified as a Medical Technologist
- ASCP licensed to work in the states
- Management of Diabetes Mellitus and its association with cardio-metabolic syndrome
- Assessment of the role of inflammation in autoimmunity and hypersensitivity
*Shokrani M. Emerging approaches to the examination of lipoproteins for cardio-metabolic risk stratification. Medical Laboratory Observer. 2014 January issue volume 46. NO 1, published as Clinical Issues.
*Lukaszuk JM, Prawitz AD, Shokrani M, Umoren J, Norman E. Methylmalonic Acid Levels in Non-Elderly Adult Chronic PPI Users. J Hum Nutr Food Sc., 2013, 1:1004.
*Shokrani M. Inflammatory bowel disease: diagnosis and research trends. Medical Laboratory Observer, 2012, August issue volume 44. No. 8, published as Cover Story.
*Shokrani M. Cytokines: utility and laboratory measurement. Medical Laboratory Observer, 2011, December issue volume 43. No. 12, published as Cover Story Plus.
*Degel J, Shokrani M. Validation of the Efficacy of a Practical Method for Neutrophils Isolation from Peripheral Blood. Clin Lab Sci. 2010 Spring;23(2):94-8. (#senior and corresponding author).
*Kundranda MN, Henderson M, Carter KJ, Gorden L, Binhazim A, Ray S, Baptiste T, Shokrani M, Leite-Browning ML, Jahnen-Dechent W, Matrisian LM, Ochieng J. The serum glycoprotein fetuin-A promotes Lewis Lung carcinoma tumorigenesis via adhesive-dependent and adhesive-independent mechanisms. Cancer Res. 2005 Jan 15; 65(2):499-506
*Shokrani M, Terrell F, Turner EA, Aguinaga, MdP. Chromatographic measurements of hemoglobin A2 in blood samples that contain sickle hemoglobin. Ann. Clin. Lab. Sci. 2000 Apr; 30(2):191-4.
Textbook Chapter Contributor
*Masih Shokrani, authored Virology in Intracellular Microorganism Chapter (pages 808-839) in Clinical LaboratoryMicrobiology, a practical method, by Kiser et al,. 2010. Pearson Education Inc: Upper Saddle River, NJ. ISBN: 13:978-0-13-092195-6