Jinsook Kim PhD, MPH, DDS
- PHHE 315: Introduction to Health Promotion
- PHHE 601: Introduction to Health Systems in the United States
- PHHE 611: Applied Research Methods in Public Health
- PHHE 621: Theories and Principles in Health Promotion
- PHHE 669: Community Health Planning
- Ph.D. (Public Health). School of Public Health, University of California - Los Angeles.
- M.P.H. (Public Health). School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University.
- D.D.S. (Dentistry). Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea.
- Direct care workforce
- Health promotion using digital technology
- Palliative care training for direct care workers
Hughes, M. C., Gray, J., & Kim, J. (2022). People with intellectual disability during the covid-19 pandemic: A qualitative study. Journal of Intellectual Disability, First Published 17 Jan 2022.
Kim, J., & Gray, J. (2021). Effect of online palliative care training on knowledge and self-efficacy of direct care workers. Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, 59(5), 392–404.
Kim, J., Gray, J., Ciesla, J., & Yao, P. (2021). The impact of an Internet use promotion programm on communication, Internet use, and the extent of social networks among low-income older adults. Ageing International, Published online 21 July 2021, 1-24. DOI: 10.1007/s12126-021-09422-0
Kim, J., Gray, J., & Johnson, H. (2021). The effect of a web-based deep breathing app on stress of direct care workers. Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, 27(10), 876-883.
Gray, J., & Kim, J. (2020). Palliative care needs of direct care workers caring for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. British Journal of Learning Disability, 48(1), 69-77.
Kim, J., & Gray, J. (2018). Palliative care experiences and needs of direct care workers. Journal of Palliative Medicine, 21(8), 1094-1099. doi: 10.1089/jpm.2017.0555
Gray, J., & Kim, J. (2017). Direct care workers’ experiences of grief and needs for support. Journal of Applied Research in Intellectual Disabilities, 30(6), 995-1006. doi:10.1111/jar.12339
Herrmann, L., & Kim, J. (2017). The fitness of apps: A theory-based examination of mobile fitness app usage over five months. mHealth, 2017;3:2. doi:10.21037/mhealth.2017.01.03
Kim, J., & Herrmann, L. (2016). School physical education (PE) policies and practices and student PE attendance. American Journal of Health Studies, 31(2), 111-122.
Kim, J., & Gray, J. (2016). Qualitative evaluation of an intervention program for sustained Internet use among low-income older adults. Ageing International, 41(3), 240-253. doi:10.1007/s12126-015-9235-1
Gray, J., Kim, J., Ciesla, J. R., & Yao, P. (2014). Rasch analysis of the Lubben Social Network Scale (LSNS-6). Journal of Applied Gerontology, 35(5), 508-528. doi:10.1177/0733464814560468