Cathy Carlson, Ph.D.
- NURS 318: Adult Health Nursing II
- NURS 408: Genetics & Human Genomics for Nursing
- NURS 617: Pathophysiological Concepts in Nursing
- Ph.D., Indiana University, Nursing Science
- M.S., Ball State University, Nursing Education
- B.S., University of St. Francis, Nursing
- Diploma in Nursing, Rockford Memorial Hospital School of Nursing
- Pain Management
- Evidence-based Nursing Practice
Meyer, L., Sedlmeyer, R., Carlson, C., & Modlin, S. Essential Clinical Behavior Database, a web-accessed database for evaluation of nursing students' clinical experiences and skills
Altering Prior Conditions Inhibiting the Adoption of Research-Based Pain Management Practices, Dissertation Topic, 1996 to present.
"Cultural Responses to Seven Common Types of Pain." Research Incentive Fellowship project, 1997-1998.
"Comparison of the Prevalence of Adult Children of Alcoholics Between Nursing and Noncaretaking Occupations." Thesis for completion of Master's Degree at Ball State University.
Carlson, C. L. (2010). Prior conditions influencing nurses’ decisions to adopt evidence-based postoperative pain assessment practices. Pain Management Nursing, 11(4), 245-258. DOI: 10.1016/j.pmn.2009.05.003
Carlson, C. L. (2009). Use of three evidence-based postoperative pain assessment practices by registered nurses. Pain Management Nursing. 10(4), 174-187. DOI: 10.1016/j.pmn.2008.07.001
Carlson, C. L. (2008). Development and testing of four instruments to assess prior conditions that influence nurses’ adoption of evidence-based pain management practices. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 64(6), 632-643. DOI: 10.1111/j.1365-2648.2008.04833.x
Carlson, C. L., & Plonczynski, D. J. (2008). Has the BARRIERS Scale changed nursing practice? An integrative review. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 63(4), 322– 333. DOI: doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2648.2008.04705.x
Meyer, L., Sedlmeyer, R., Carlson, C. , & Modlin, S. (2003). A web application for recording and analyzing the clinical experiences of nursing students. CIN: Computers Informatics Nursing, 21(4), 186-197.
- Member of American Society of Pain Management Nursing
- Education Committee, 2010 - present
- Co-Chair Education Committee, 2011 – 2013