Derryl Block PhD, MPH, MSN, RN
|Office Location:||Wirtz Hall 227|
- Ph.D., University of Pennsylvania, Nursing (Planning and Evaluation of Health Programs)
- M.S.N., University of Pennsylvania, Nursing (Community Health Nursing)
- M.P.H., Johns Hopkins School of Hygiene and Public Health, Public Health Administration
- B.S.N., University of Maryland, Nursing
Academic Research Interests
- Health workforce development
- Public health nursing
- Community development
Bennett, J.A., & Block, D. (2012). Nursing leadership to ensure patient and health worker protection from influenza. Vaccine, 30, 1756-1758
Vandenhouten, C. L., Malakar, C. L., Kubsch, S., Block, D., & Gallagher-Lepak, S. (2011). Political participation of registered nurses. Policy, Politics, & Nursing Practice, 12(3), 159-167. Retrieved from http://ppn.sagepub.com/content/12/3/159.abstract
Gibson, J.D., Richard, J., Srinivansan, A., & Block, D. (2011). Public health practice applications. In V. Saba & K. McCormick (Eds.) Essentials of Nursing Informatics (5th ed.), New York, McGraw Hill.
Gallagher-Lepak, S., Block, D., Rojaz, Y.E.U., Birkholz, L., & Moran, C.C.M. (2011). Using distance technology to learn across borders: A virtual "travel course" in nursing. Journal of Nursing Education, 50(8), 283-286.
Cross, S., Block, D., Josten, L., Reckinger, D., Olson Keller, L., Strohschein, S., Ripke, M. (2006). Measuring population-based competencies for public health nurses. Public Health Nursing, 23(2), 108-114.