Derryl Block Ph.D, MPH, MSN, RN
|Division:||School of Nursing|
- Ph.D., University of Pennsylvania, Nursing (Planning and Evaluation of Health Programs)
- M.S.N., University of Pennsylvania, Nursing (Community Health Nursing)
- M.P.H., Johns Hopkins School of Hygiene and Public Health, Public Health Administration
- B.S.N., University of Maryland, Nursing
Academic Research Interests
- Health workforce development
- Planning and evaluation of public health programs and policies
Bennett, J.A., and Block, D. (2012). Nursing leadership to ensure patient and health worker protection from influenza. Vaccine, 30, 1756-1758
Vandenhouten, C. L., Malakar, C. L., Kubsch, S., Block, D., and Gallagher-Lepak, S. (2011). Political participation of registered nurses. Policy, Politics, and Nursing Practice, 12(3), 159-167. View abstract.
Gibson, J.D., Richard, J., Srinivansan, A., and Block, D. (2011). Public health practice applications. In V. Saba and K. McCormick (Eds.) Essentials of Nursing Informatics (5th ed.), New York, McGraw Hill.
Gallagher-Lepak, S., Block, D., Rojaz, Y.E.U., Birkholz, L., and Moran, C.C.M. (2011). Using distance technology to learn across borders: A virtual "travel course" in nursing. Journal of Nursing Education, 50(8), 283-286.
Cross, S., Block, D., Josten, L., Reckinger, D., Olson Keller, L., Strohschein, S., Ripke, M. (2006). Measuring population-based competencies for public health nurses. Public Health Nursing, 23(2), 108-114.