Jaeyong Bae, Ph.D.
|Office Location:||Wirtz Hall 257|
- PHHE 451: Economic Issues in Public Health
- PHHE 651: Health Economics for Health Services Managers
- Ph.D., Emory University, Health Service Research and Health Policy (Economics Track)
- M.A., Boston University, Economics
- B.A., Yonsei University (Korea), Economics
- B.S., Yonsei University (Korea), Mechanical Engineering
Academic / Research Interests
- Adoption of and outcomes from use of health information technology
- Health economics
- Medical errors and patient safety
- Physician incentives
- Medical decision making
Becker ER, Hockenberry JM, Bae J, Avgar AC, Lui SS, Wilson I, Milstein A. (2014) “Factors in Patients’ Experience of Hospital Care: Evidence from California, 2009–2011” Patient Experience Journal 1(1): 95-110.
Encinosa WE, Bae J. (2013) “Will Meaningful Use Electronic Medical Records Reduce Hospital Costs?” American Journal of Managed Care 19 (11 Spec No. 10): eS19-eSP25.
Weiss AJ, Elixhauser A, Bae J, Encinosa WE. (2013) “Origin of Adverse Drug Events in U.S. Hospitals, 2011” HCUP Statistical Brief #158. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD. http://www.hcup-us.ahrq.gov/reports/statbriefs/sb158.pdf.
Encinosa WE, Bae J. (2011) “Health Information Technology and Its Effects on Hospital Costs, Outcomes, and Patient Safety” Inquiry 48(4): 288-303.
Hess JJ, Bednarz D, Bae J, Pierce J. (2011) “Petroleum and Health Care: Evaluating and Managing Health Care’s Vulnerability to Petroleum Supply Shift” American Journal of Public Health 101(9): 1568-1579.