Undergraduate Study - NIU - Speech-Language Pathology

Speech-Language Pathology

Undergraduate Study

Students preparing for careers in Speech-Language Pathology are advised to complete their undergraduate degree with a major in Communicative Disorders (B.S.), offered by the School of Allied Health & Communicative Disorders.

Fast Fact: In the last 5 years, enrollment in the Communicative Disorders program is up 23.2%

Undergraduate StudyStudents in this major are usually preparing for professional practice as either audiologists or speech-language pathologists.

They may also combine interests in communicative disorders with preparation for careers in: speech-language pathology, audiology, medical sciences, dentistry, physical or occupational therapy, community health, physiology, psychology, linguistics, education, rehabilitation counseling or law.