Autism Caregiver Group
Welcome to the Northern Illinois University Autism Caregiver Group!
We are a group of NIU professors and interns with interests in supporting families to those with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Our focus is to provide helpful information, resources and a supportive environment.
Each month we have professional speakers come to our support group to discuss topics such as picky eating, toilet training, family rights in the provision of school services, etc. At each meeting, we provide developmentally appropriate child activities and refreshments for those that attend the group. We invite you to explore our website to find out more about our support group, who we are, and upcoming speakers and topics.
Please join us on the 2nd Thursday of each month at 5:30 p.m. for discussion of personal experiences; and educational, legal, medical, adaptive and transitional topics from expert speakers.
- Autism Speaks
- Autism Science Foundation
- Organization for Autism Research
- Going to College with Autism and Asperger's Guide
- Special Olympics of Illinois
- International Society for Autism Research
- Have Dreams
- By Your Side Autism Center
- Tuck Sleep Foundation
- Students with disabilities
- Affordable colleges for students with disabilities
- Careers for students with disabilities
- College for Students with Disabilities: A Guide for Students, Families, and Educators